Our History

In 1956, Rev. and Mrs. Albert Kehr, former missionaries in China, were appointed by the Assemblies of God to start a new church in Hawaii to reach out to the Chinese-speaking people. Initial services were held at First Assembly of God and later Central Intermediate School. In 1961, Calvary Assembly of God built a church building and held its first service at 961 Io Lane.

The Kehrs pastored from 1956 to 1967. In 1967, Rev. and Mrs. Howard Ha assumed the pastorate until 1976. Serving with them were Rev. and Mrs. Francis Routley and later Rev. and Mrs. Alan Leong. Rev. Routley was Associate Pastor from 1968 to 1974. Rev. Leong was Associate Pastor in 1975 and from 1976-1978 he served as the Senior Pastor. In 1978, Rev. and Mrs. Wai Pun Siu assumed the pastorate until 1999. Serving with them were Rev. and Mrs. Beng Khee Oh and later Rev. and Mrs. Stephen Cheah. Rev. Oh was Associate Pastor for three years and Rev. Cheah was Associate Pastor for twelve years. In 1999, both Rev. Siu and Rev. Cheah retired. Rev. Cheah was asked to be Interim Senior Pastor for two years while a pastoral search committee was formed to find a new senior pastor.

On December 9, 2001, Assistant District Superintendent Jerald Ogg installed Rev. and Mrs. Terry Wong. Appropriately, on the 45th anniversary of the church, Rev. Wong became the new Senior Pastor.

Today, Calvary Assembly of God is a growing, multi-ethnic church that reaches out to the English-speaking and Chinese-speaking people!

Contact Info

Calvary Assembly of God
961 Io Lane
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817

1-808-841-4059

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

DONATION

Donation